Monday, July 20, 2009

Protection Dog?


So I've got another complaint towards humans. I hear so many people about how they want their dog to be their almighty protector and Mama Nikki has even received phone calls on training their dogs to be their protectors. Natural breeds such as the Rockin' Rottweiler, the Diablo Doberman, the Shameless Shepherd and the Powerful Pyranees. People get these dogs and are either surprised at their "territorial aggression" or they want them to be less friendly. I have to say, I don't get it!

So really people, let me ask you this, do you really want your dog to be protective? This is the way I look at things and this is the rule that I live by. If someone comes to the house and I bark at them, if Mama tells me 'enough' then I stop because that's her way of telling me that she has it under control. If I bark at someone and she says nothing, I take it as she wants me to continue but this is the main thing, if I bark at someone and my mama's aren't home and that person I'm barking at comes into the house anyway then I know that they're packing something a little more dangerous than my teeth and I'm getting the hello out of there. Don't think I haven't run from a door opening that I didn't know who was on the other side of it and was obviously not disturbed from my barking.

So humans, trust that your dogs will take care of things if someone is really hurting you but if someone continues to come into the house while we're barking, do you really want us to stand there and get shot or would you rather us run and hide under the bed?

Just something to think about.

Tbaa

2 comments:

  1. I want TBAA to be on high alert at all times. I'd trust her over trained human professionals any day of the week! :) Smooch to TBAA from Auntie Salena. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've obviously not seen Tbaa run like a big girl when a possible bad guy was coming in the house! :) The one thing she's got going for her is her look and that's about all! If she and I ever ran into trouble I'd just have to make sure that I ran faster than her! :)

    Smooches back with a little bit of dog breath!

    ReplyDelete