Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Humans On My Mind!

Yes, another complaint.

Why, oh why is it that every time I stick my nose/head in between someone's legs, or at least attempt to, they always reply with,

'she must smell my dog?'



Exactly what was your dog doing there in the first place? Do you make it a habit to have your dog in between your legs at various times of the day?

People, really, I can smell your dog from ten feet away, why do you think I'm a search dog? I stick my nose/head in between your legs because it makes you pet me every single time!

Humans are so darn simple!

Tbaa

2 comments:

  1. TBAA, humans are not very smart. I was doing what Mama Nikki suggested - grabbed a lawn chair, a bag of treats and I brought Jasmine down to the street to get her used to cars and kids in the neighborhood. Well, Jasmine is still a little nervous about all this and she's learning her manners. So anyway, this dog comes along, followed by her person. Jasmine is downright RUDE - barking, hackles, the whole nine yards. I explain to the other person that I am training Jasmine not to bark and lunge at things that go by -- she says "Good luck with that (sarcastically)." THEN - she asks, "Can I pat your dog?" [Note that Jasmine is still in attack mode, hackles straight up and lunging and shrieking with all her might.] I calmly replied, "I would prefer that you not pat her while she's in training." But really, why would that woman want to pat such a rude dog anyway? Doesn't that seem dumb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that does seem dumb! Humans are such weird creatures. I mean, they have great devices for scratching my butt and behind my ears, but really, where does their rationale come from?

    Mama Nikki would be very proud that you're working with Jasmine! :)

    ReplyDelete