Saturday, March 21, 2009

Meet the Family



My family consists of two humans, two other dogs and three cats. My first human is my partner in the business, Nikki. Most of the time she's patient and laid back but if I try to pick up a piece of food off the ground like I did today at the Irish Festival in Erin her horns come out. I mean really, it was just a small piece of cotton candy, half a kielbasa sausage, a few potatoes, of course, peppers, onions, oh, and a piece of schnitzel. I don't know why she gets so uptight about it. I've attached a picture of mama Nikki and mama Kim.


Mama Kim, she's fairly new to all the dog rules and mama Nikki is constantly teaching her, especially with the newest addition, Duke. They say he's a dachshund/beagle mix, but I hear mama Nikki call him "just another midget mutt" more often times than not. He's fun to play with but he's a little bit of a weenie, no pun intended. I nicked him on the ear one time because he was going after my treat and ever since then, I look at him and he runs, if I run after him, he scoots and if I get close, he screams. Today was his first festival and boy, let me tell you, he's not very good. I mean, he pulled mama Kim all the way from the car til she twisted her knee and mama Nikki had to take over. They haven't worked on leash walking but they need to. I thought his eyes were going to bulge out of his head. And then he also tried to eat everything off the ground but when it came to the rabbits, need I say more? I guess he didn't get a lot of socialization with little people, I'm not sure, he's only been with us for a few months, but every time a little person reached out to pet him he would lay his ears back and scoot around. The only time he did get petted by the little people he sat quietly but he dribbled, if you know what I mean. Adolescents! The crowds got really big and he got stepped on twice, so overall, I don't think he enjoyed it very much. He was actually kinda cute on the way home, I even let him lay his head on my paw.


Bandit is the oldest dog of the family at 15, but you wouldn't know it most of the time. She got to go today and was surprisingly good the entire time. She tried picking thing up off the ground but she's really a midget mutt so I don't even think mama or mama realized she was doing it. Bandit and I have had our differences but overall, she's not so bad. She constantly tries to get on my bed even though she has her own bed. I growl at her but mama Nikki says she can't hear so I'm wasting my breath. Can you really waste your breath?

The cats can be fun but I get in trouble for chasing them sometimes. Amethyst is my cat and she's not too bad except when she starts rubbing up against my face. Adonis and Stumpie were mama Kim's cats first and they've been okay. I sometimes chase them just to see them puff up.

That's my family. I love them and don't have many complaints. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Love,
TBAA

3 comments:

  1. TBBA - although I love to see a cat puff up, I'm a big cat lover, so you better be NICE!

    Good to see Bandit - I wondered what the hell happened to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, TBAA. Selena sent me over here to meet ya.

    My furry friend, Maggie the trucking beagle, says hi. She'd say more, but she's a wussy about big dogs. We've been trying to get her over that -- the tail tucking and barking -- but aren't having a lot of luck. She'd probably get along good with Duke, though, assuming Duke is a small dog. They appear to have a lot in common, including leash pulling. However, Maggie loves kids, and doesn't dribble when petted by them, thank god.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stace and Maggie! It's so nice to meet you and we hope that you enjoy the blog. You might learn some things to help Maggie out, especially when you can start seeing things from her point of view. :)

    ReplyDelete